Cost Accountant - Oklahoma City, OK
24 Januar, 2019
Maxcess is looking for a cost accountant with advanced accounting and analytical skills. This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager and be responsible for performing cost analyses and preparing reports. This position will have end of month and end of year accounting tasks. Our ideal candidate should be able to create detailed reports that present cost effective solutions for our company.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Prepare reports for submission to management
- Generate PPV/MFG Variance reports and analyze findings
- Establish standard costs and update them as appropriate
- Coordinate year end physical inventory and monitor cycle count program
- Analyze margins and report on discrepancies to management
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Maintain cost accounting system
- Plan and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as materials purchases, inventory and labor
- Invoice field service visits
- Identify and recommend cost effective solutions
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Monitor fixed and variable overhead spend for variances and cost effective solutions
- Close out all jobs and report discrepancies
- Prepare year end royalty calculation
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit and tax schedules
- Work closely with operations to identify cost effective opportunities and hold cost reviews with operation team
- Overall responsibility of understanding all costs associated with the plant production and support processes
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Analytical skills required to resolve problems. Must work well with minimal supervision.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills
- Sound understanding of accounting principles
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Epicor ERP experience a plus